10 Free Writing Ideas for your MBA Dissertation in Finance
If you are writing your MBA dissertation in finance and are in need of some assistance, consider the tips below:
- Make a schedule. You want to ensure you create a thorough and comprehensive schedule starting with the final submission date and working backwards from there to the present. You will need to set aside a great deal of time and energy to ensure you meet all of your deadlines. Try to establish milestones throughout the process and take your time meeting them.
- Look over your textbooks and review the headings and subheadings in search of something inspiring and creative. Look at older essays that others have written and see if you can take a different angle or perspective that gives the old topic a fresh outlook. Your job is not necessarily to write about something that no one has ever covered before, but rather, to be able to contribute something new to an older topic.
- Keep organized notes when you start your research on whatever topic you choose. Write out bibliographic information for any statistics or quote you keep in your notes, so that later you can find the source easily.
- Write a little bit each day. If you write a little bit each day, such as 1000-2000 words, you will find that things become significantly easier and milestones can all be met on time without any delays or lost time and effort.
- Reward yourself after you meet each milestone with something like your favourite ice cream or viewing your favourite television program. You will need to celebrate the little things if you have any chance of making it through this long process.
Below are 10 free writing ideas for topics in finance:
- Review commercial mortgage-backed securities
- Write about short term farm loans
- Review the Dodd Frank act
- Write about the origins of the Federal Bank
- Review shipping finances in Singapore
- Write about credit in the post-financial-crisis world
- Review financial risk management within the world of maritime industries
- Write an analysis about the risk faced by international banks when they conduct cross-border operations
- Review the Dutch banking sector and how their new corporate governance codes have helped the corporate sector since 2009
- Write about what steps the IMF has taken since 2010 to help repair its perception as an inefficient and illegitimate institution.