A List Of 13 Unique Law Dissertation Topics To Consider
Writing a law dissertation is one of the most demanding projects a graduate student will ever have to complete in his or her academic career. A major component of writing a great dissertation is coming up with a great topic. This step actually stumps a lot of students, so we’ve come up with a list of thirteen unique law topics for you to consider for your project:
- Discuss the methods used by collection agencies on debtors who have already been sued and lost. Are these methods ethical and what can debtors do to defend themselves?
- Consider extradition laws and the rights that different countries have to honor or dishonor them based on the accusations made on their citizens who have committed crimes overseas.
- Examine the laws and preventative measures that have been put in place to deter insider trading actions in big corporations and its investors. Are the punishments sufficient?
- In what areas does maritime law contradict international law? Are there clear rules on which of the two takes precedence on matters that do not affect national security?
- Is the current system of appeals in the Unites States effective and necessary or does it merely cost the public money while wasting the time of particular criminals with violent crimes?
- Examine the change between the 19th and 20th centuries in legal options for teenagers who committed violent crimes. Have these changes been ethical for both the prosecution and defense?
- Do you believe the Supreme Court has upheld its duty of being the ultimate interpretive force on major social issues in the United States today?
- Analyze the process by which an amendment can be made to the constitution. Is it fair or are there too many hurdles that the current state of the United States will no longer be able to make amendments?
- Provide an analysis of the way in which a case moves from local courts through state courts and all the way to the Supreme Court. How can some cases move all the way up while others cannot?
- Provide a clear explanation for the steps necessary to impeach the President of the United States. What determines an impeachable act?
- What options do Presidents have when it comes to cases of having broken laws that aren’t considered impeachable offenses?
- Should members of Congress be held accountable to the same laws governing the regions they represent?
- Does the legal education process effectively prepare students for practicing law and protecting people’s rights within a biased system?