How To Come Up With Interesting Dissertation Topics On Social Work
There are a number of things you can do to invent interesting dissertation topics on social work but, as always, the most important factor is that of self-interest. Writing a dissertation on a topic you like, have a passion for or a background in makes sense; a lot of sense. The greater your motivation to tackle the subject the better will be your attitude to the long research and writing project and the better the end result.
If you’ve got to the stage of writing a dissertation, chances are you will have been thinking about the project for some time. It’s not the sort of activity you start on a whim. But even so finding something you want to write about and which is interesting will be the keys to your success.
Brainstorming works in so many ways. You can discover the ideal social work topic. You can find a new angle on a well-known subject. You can rule out those topics you don’t want to write about.
Looking through lists of dissertations completed at your college and elsewhere is another prompt to get your mind going. You might find something which really appeals or you might find something which gives you an idea for your topic or for your approach to that topic. To help by example, here are some recent social work dissertation topics.
- How do families moderate in healing the lives of abused children
- Do all races get equal treatment in the juvenile criminal justice system?
- Homeless families and the impact this situation has on employment prospects.
- Women involved with illegal drugs and the consequences for their children.
- The problems both in the short and long term for children who run away from home.
- Compare the public health systems in both the USA and the UK
- The study of child abuse in Black African families
- How parents are impacted in their bereavement following the death of their child
- The work of social workers dealing with sex abuse involving disabled children as victims
- How prisoners assess their life and future when in prison for lengthy sentences
- The impact of slot or poker machines on gamblers who devise a plan to tackle their addiction
- The impact on the lives of disabled people when they are removed from institutions and live within the community
- The study of children born to single teenage mothers