A List of Unexplored Dissertation Topics for Construction Management
For construction management students to succeed in their program, they will need to write papers on the subject. Students often run into problems during the writing process. One of the biggest problems is figuring out what to write about. In fields like construction management, it can seem like all of the important topics have already been covered. Students who want to get a high score on their paper can use one of the unexplored topics as a thesis.
- Infrastructural civic engineering in the United States: Should the laws regarding planning and permitting these projects be changed?
- What are the benefits of using regional construction techniques and products in building a home?
- Is sustainability correlated to the financial performance of a commercial building?
- How is the growing tiny home movement going to affect the construction industry?
- Would requiring green construction projects provide a boost to the housing market?
- How are main contractors able to avoid the adjudication process?
- Cover various waste management techniques in construction.
- Textile waste is removed from insulation and sent to a landfill when a home is taken apart. How does the flammability and potential combustion lead to problems in the building structure and the landfill?
- How are rental properties constructed differently than a single-family home (For example, baseboard heating and reduced insulation)
- Many construction workers were laid off during the recession or chose to avoid entering the industry. Will this cause a shortage of qualified workers in the upcoming years?
- The mob and the historical foundation of construction companies
- What are techniques for improving the profitability of small and medium construction firms?
- Are timber frame houses a time efficient building option?
- What are the perceptions surrounding modular housing?
- What are some was to that a culture of safety can be created within the construction industry?
- Using fully sealed envelopes and thermal storage options, dwellings can now reach a zero carbon emission target. What are thermal storage and cooling techniques used for construction?
- Research the affect of the recession on the American construction industry.
- How many construction projects and developments utilize foreign funding?
- What are the annual cost of applying for permits for the construction industry? Include labor and opportunity costs as well.
- What is the relationship between good project management and the success of a project?
- How can beginning construction companies reach out to prospective financial backers?
- Will prefabrication become the future of sustainable housing projects?